Friday, May 14, 2010

Not to make this blog all about babies... but my husband and I are going to have our own little bean in about 25 weeks. It is so exciting! (and unbelievable, and terrifying...) We have so much to learn and so much to do! Of course, I immediately began putting together the inspiration for our new nursery. We don't know what we're having yet- so until then, to be on the safe side, I made one for each! If we have a Little Mr.... I love these colors- no definite color scheme, just big, bright, and bold! Funky patterns with clean modern furniture that will give the room a sharp but still silly feel.






Now for a little girl... a very different feel. Still tons of color, but with a more eclectic touch. I love the idea of fleshy pink walls with some antique inspired accessories and again, graphic patterns are introduced through the fabrics. I want this room to feel cozy and feminine without the frilliness.


I think a rocking chair and a soft rug are musts for any nursery. Also, a fun light fixture will make this space feel special. Now, we must be patient until we can find out what our little bean is. But the real challenge is to use these boards as inspiration only and restrain myself from just purchasing all these items and spending a small fortune on this room and not saving money for those other necessities... like diapers and car seats and that kinda stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment