Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the house with a yellow door

I think the color of a front door says a lot about a person. Are you a traditionalist who paints their front door a patriotic red? Do you tend to be more subdued and paint your door a soft gray that doesn't make a loud statement or compete with the landscape or shutters? Or are you a risk taker? Do you do the unexpected and paint your door a rich violet or even a shocking blue? I don't know exactly what kind of person it makes me, but I know I have always wanted a house with a yellow door. I think it all stemmed from dreams of throwing a big party and inviting everyone I know. And, when giving directions, I could simply say, "Mine will be the house with a yellow door." There is no denying a yellow door. It makes a statement. It is fun and optimistic. Maybe that's the kind of person I want to be. Think of how lovely it would look with a great big red berry wreath hanging on it in the wintertime or a deep purple lavender wreath in the spring? Yes, someday I will have the house with a yellow door but until then, I will dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment